Bicycle Network: Ride2Work (178)
National Ride2Work Day
National Ride2Work Day 2016 is on Wednesday 12th October.
National Ride2Work Day is the largest celebration of commuter riding in Australia. Held annually in October, the day celebrates the benefits of riding to work and brings together the communities that support it.
The main objective of the day is to normalise the idea of riding to work and encourage more Australians to ride to work on a regular basis. It encourages people who have never ridden to work before to give it a go, and it allows frequent riders to stay motivated and encourage their workmates to get involved.
Posters and other resources
Do you need support to organise a National Ride2Work Day event?
- You can download our Ride2Work digital pack to access posters and social media images for your workplace - available from 8 August 2016
- Why not check out our useful tips and advice to help make your event a success?
- Find out how you can get media support for your community breakfast and spread the word.
- Check out our media release template for councils and community events.
- You can also check out our Top 10 Tips to get your workmates riding.
Take a look at the 2015 National Ride2Work Day photos.