A fully-supported 8 day bike riding holiday.
Join our premium multi-day bike riding adventure and embark on a pilgrimage to the heart of Australia through some of the country’s most sacred landscapes.View route
The pilgrimage to Uluru and Kata Tjuta is a special journey that is up there on a lot of Australians bucket lists. The Great Outback Escape gives you the unique opportunity to experience the desert wind in your hair, the changing colours of sacred landscapes and the red dirt under your tyres.
Let us paint a picture…
- Soak up the quiet roads and stunning views of the West MacDonnell Ranges
- Scale the soaring sandstone walls of Kings Canyon and admire the sunrise atop this significant landmark
- Ride through the heart of the Watarrka National Park and past the stunning ridgeline of George Gill Range
- Spend a day in the heart of the Red Centre with a sunrise at Uluru that you’ll treasure forever
- Visit rock art sites at Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park and experience the ancient wisdom passed down from generation to generation
- Discover a new appreciation for Central Australia’s untamed wilderness and create memories and friendships that will last a lifetime
We’ll take care of every detail from start to finish, so all you have to do is soak up everything that the beautiful outback has to offer.
What to expect?
In May 2019, Bicycle Network took 125 people from across Australia, New Zealand and the US, to Central Australia to experience this life changing experience on the Great Outback Escape.
“What strikes you most about Central Australia is the light. With an almost spiritual pull, it works its magic on you at the start and end of the day. As it moves through the sky, the sun throws out hues of blue, purple, orange and pink, altering the shade of the landscape every couple of minutes.
The light and landscapes didn’t go unnoticed by the 125 tight-knit group of Great Outback Escape riders who had the privilege of seeing, feeling, tasting, hearing and sharing this experience all from the unique perspective of a bike.”Full 2019 recap
We've got your back
A Bicycle Network event
By supporting a Bicycle Network event you're helping build a more bike-friendly Australia. As a not-for-profit organisation we're on a mission to make it easier for everybody to ride a bike. Learn more about why we are here and what we do below.Tell me more