Soak up the best of New Zealand’s South Island by bike on our nine-day cycling tour, with some extra special comforts along the way.
What to expect
Aotearoa is the Maori name for New Zealand. It translates directly to ‘land of the long white cloud’, but that beautiful term barely scratches the surface of the natural beauty you will be immersed in on Bicycle Network’s Great Kiwi Escape.
Join us in 2020 for a life changing bike riding holiday covering the best of New Zealand’s South Island. We’ll experience breathtaking blue lakes, the natural wonders of Milford Sound, silent valleys, rugged mountain peaks and tranquil rail trails.
To make it easy for you, we’ll stay in premium accommodation, provide meals and unparalleled on-route support while you’re riding so all you have to worry about is taking it all in.View route
It’s one thing to see New Zealand’s natural wonders by bike, but to truly experience them you need to get up close and personal. We’ll make sure you can do this on the Great Kiwi Escape.
Your entry includes many unique and special experiences that are unmissable if you visit New Zealand’s South Island. As well as this, all entries include meals every day, nights in three to five star accommodation and support personnel to help you along the way if you need it.
Activities and experiences
- Welcome cruise across Queenstown’s Lake Wakatipu to Walter Peak High Country Farm for dinner
- Welcome drinks and canapes
- A ticket to ride the Skyline Queenstown gondola and take in the sweeping views across the mountain ranges including The Remarkables and Coronet Peak
- Te Anau Glowworms Caves tour (included in PremiumPLUS entries and optional for Premium entries)
- A cruise through Milford Sound with a guide to explain its history and point out the hidden gems
- A traditional welcome and insight into Maori culture with a Hongi and Haka experience by Wanahaka
- Star gazing tour (optional)
- Self-guided walking tours through Hooker Valley and Tasman Glacier near Mount Cook
- An entry ticket to Tekapo Springs spa and hot pools
OUR FIRST 8-day premium cycling holiday in CENTRAL AUSTRALIA
The Great Outback Escape 2019
The pilgrimage to Uluru and Kata Tjuta is a special journey that is up there on a lot of Australian’s bucket lists.
In May 2019, Bicycle Network took 125 people from across Australia, New Zealand and even the US, to central Australia to experience this life changing experience on the first Great Outback Escape.
Over eight days, with full support, we experienced the desert wind in our hair, the changing colours of sacred landscapes and the red dirt under our tyres.
Learn more about our first Great Escape to Australia’s red centre.RIDE RECAP Photos
Become our friend
Find out more about Bicycle Network and support us in making it easier for people to ride bikes.