We’ve got you covered
Bike riding insurance
|Non-Medicare medical costs||Yes||$10,000|
|Loss of earnings||Yes||$1,000/week|
|Out of pocket expenses||Yes||$500/week up to $5,000|
|Home help expenses||Yes||$200/week up to $5,000|
|Replacement bike hire||Yes||$500|
|Injury to someone else||Yes||$5 million|
|Damage to someone else’s property||Yes||$5 million|
|Riders rights advice and help recovering costs from a third party||Yes||–|
|Initial consultation with our partner law firm||Yes||–|
*This is a summary of the cover provided. It is not intended to provide a comprehensive overview of the cover available under the policies. For full details, please refer to the supporting policy documents below for full terms, conditions, and limits.
Need to know more?
Who is insured?
This insurance product covers Bicycle Network* members.
There are benefits in the policy that cover everyone regardless of age. There are some changes once you reach 75, see the policy wording for more details.
When am I covered?
- When you sustain an injury during any or all recreational or commuting bike riding activities (excluding riding to derive a commercial benefit – e.g. racing)
- Whilst participating in a Bicycle Network event
What is covered?
- Accidental death and total disablement
- Personal injury
- Loss of income
- 3rd Party Liability Coverage (if you injure someone else or cause damage to someone else’s property)
What is not covered?
- Medicare gaps (Federal legislation precludes us from doing so)
- Property (bicycles, accessories etc.) except where covered under Event Benefit
- Loss of income due to injury sustained while participating in a race or while riding for commercial benefit (e.g. racing)
Making a claim
Please give us a call on 1800 639 634 to book a time to speak with our dedicated Riders’ Rights team about making a claim.