Bicycle Network: HandsUp!
The current HandsUp! system is now closed. Stay tuned, the new version of HandsUp! will be live 28 January 2014.
We are pleased that the new HandsUp! system is now live. We've included a host of new features for you.
- Mobile phone and tablet functionality
- Monthly updates on your schools CO2 savings
- Clearer progress charts for your school newsletter
To make the transition much easier, we provided a tutorial for you. Watch it here.
HandsUp! is a key tool used by schools registered with the Ride2School program. It allows your school to track its progress in getting more students actively more often. It's a great way to measure and reward your school's success.
HandsUp! allows schools to get the most value out of the program, be eligible for prizes and track their progress in their efforts to get more students active. Each registered school picks a day, each month, to conduct a HandsUp! survey at the school. You can do a survey of the whole school, one year
level, or just one class… It’s up to you!
How to use the HandsUp! System
- Join the Ride2School program, if your school is not already a part of the program
- Pick a day each month that will be Hands Up! day
- On the day, ask students to put their Hands Up! if they rode, walked,skated, scootered, caught public transport or were driven to school
- Record the results using a Hands Up! data collection sheet
- Log in to your school's Hands Up! portal and enter the results of your survey
Benefits for your school
- HandsUp! surveys allow the Ride2School team to advocate for improved facilities around your school to support the riders and walkers. You can also present the data when applying for grants.
- HandsUp! allows your school to track it's progress in getting more students riding, walking, skating and scooting more often.
- Students see their peers putting their HandsUp! which helps create active travel as a social norm.