What is Bike Week?
Bike Week promotes recreational, sport and transport bicycle riding in Tasmania and aims to give people opportunities and support to ride more often.
Bicycle Network and other cycling groups organise activities and promotion during the week such as social rides, organised rides, bicycle valet parking, information pop-ups and film nights.
Bike Week 3–10 March, 2019
What's on in 2019
For more information and to RSVP please click on the linked names in each dot point.
Saturday 2 March
- Electrikhana expo convoy ride – Saturday 2 March, meet at the Regatta Ground carpark, McVilly Drive at 8.15am for 8.30am ride to Glenorchy Showgrounds and electric bike show and tell.
- Bicycle valet parking at the Wellness Expo – Saturday 2 March, 9.30 am – 3.30 pm, Princes Wharf Shed, Hobart.
- Pipeline Track Ride – Saturday 2 March, 9.45 am – 12.30 pm, meet at Ferntree Tavern car park.
Sunday 3 March
- Women on Wheels ride – Sunday 3 March, 10.30 am – 12.30 pm, at Orielton Lagoon. Training rides are being held on 13 and 23 February along the Intercity Cycleway which is roughly the same distance.
- Kingborough Treasure Hunt – Sunday 3 March, Peter Murrell Reserve, Huntingfield Avenue, 2–5 pm. Family friendly, suitable for mountain bikes.
Tuesday 5 March
- Super Tuesday bicycle count – Tuesday 5 March, 7–9 am, metropolitan Hobart.
Wednesday 6 March
- Pipeline at Night Ride – Wednesday 6 March, 7.15 pm – 10.30 pm, meet at Ferntree Tavern car park.
Friday 8 March
- Friday Unwinder Ride to MONA – Friday 8 March, 3.50 pm – 6.30 pm, meet outside Dome Café, 88 Collins Street, Hobart.
Help us make it easier to ride
The success of Bicycle Network rests on a team of dedicated volunteers who lead social rides, organise expos, set up and staff valet parking, staff our festival stalls, count bikes and generally share their joy of riding.
If you are interested in volunteering for Bike Week or any other time of the year, please fill out our volunteer form.
We’ll make every effort to ensure our organised rides are safe and supportive, however we encourage everyone to cover themselves with a Bicycle Network membership. This ensures you have excellent year-round 24/7 cover against both Personal Injury and Third Party Personal/Property Damage whilst riding your bike.
We’ve got your back, every time you ride, anywhere in Australia.Learn more