Great Vic Bike Ride
Friday 22 November
Robe is the first stop on our epic Great Vic Bike Ride 2019. South Australian favourite seaside town is full of historic buildings, long stretches of white sandy beaches, delicious food and plenty of small-town charm.
- Robe Beach – This is a must see in Robe. Take a quick dip in sea, or just kick back and enjoy the views.
- Robe Town Brewery – Who doesn’t love a cheeky beverage after a day of riding. Check out this family run brewery and enjoy a range of their delicious seasonal brews.
- Cape Dombey Obelisk – This iconic landmark has been around since the 1800’s! Don’t forget to take your camera to capture the amazing views.
- Karatta Wine Tasting Room – Come and soak up this quaint boutique vineyard and grab a bottle of delicious craft wine to enjoy when you return home.
- Robe Ice Cream & Lolly Shop – The perfect spot to head down with the family and grab a sweet treat to cap off the end of your day.
Saturday 23 November
Second stop, Millicent! The rural town boasts multiple attractions that are sure to please all.
Millicent National Trust Museum – Step back in time and experience the history of Millicent town, from horse drawn carriages to shipwrecks
- Millicent Swimming Lake – Cool off from a hard day’s ride with a swim at Millicent’s pristine watering hole.
- Millicent Redgum Gallery – Look upon in awe as you set foot into Anthony Martin’s creative workspace. The gallery showcases magnificent hardwood sculptures of animals from around the world.
- Mount Muirhead Lookout – Relax and rest those tired legs while taking in the captivating views surrounding Millicent.
- Mayura Station Tasting Room – Taking out the 2017 South Australian Tourism Award, Mayura Station is the place to wine and dine in Millicent. Refuel with a succulent steak and a beverage of choice.
- Tantanoola Caves – Mother nature has done it again. The caves are home to some of the most amazing stalactite and stalagmite formations in Australia and are only a short 15-minute drive from Millicent. Bring your camera!
Sunday 24 November
Mount Gambier brings us to the third point of our Great Vic journey. The town features spectacular coastal riding, lush landscapes and everlasting natural beauty.
- Blue Lake – This pristine beauty is sure to impress. The lake occupies one of the extinct volcanic craters and exuberates a powerful colour scheme of cobalt blues and steel greys throughout the year. Well worth stopping by for a quick snap.
- Umpherston Sinkhole – As you descend into this magical garden, you’ll feel like you’re in another world. It’s not hard to get lost in this sea of green wildlife as you journey into an unknown land.
- Centenary Tower – Make your way to the top of this 190-meter tower to take in the best views on Mount Gambier. Once you’re at the top you can take in the vast volcanic landscape and picturesque views of the iconic Blue Lake from above.
- The Barn – It wouldn’t be a town highlights reel without a stellar eatery on the list. Come down to enjoy quality grass fed beef, aged to perfection! If your after a post-ride drink you can refresh your palette with a delicately aged wine from the region at the resident Piano Bar.
Stay tuned, we’ll release highlights for each day of the Great Vic in the lead up to this year’s event!
Become our friend
Find out more about Bicycle Network and support us in making it easier for people to ride bikes.