Around the Bay
Around the Bay takes place between 5:30am – 7:00pm over a 250km course around Port Phillip Bay so please expect to see a large number of bike riders on the road on event day.
8 October 2017
Event day traffic
Temporary changed traffic conditions will be in place on Sunday 8 October. Residents will still have access to their properties, however, it’s recommended that you allow extra time or seek alternative routes if possible.
All changes to traffic conditions are implemented in consultation with all relevant authorities. There will also be a large presence of police, ambulance and event vehicles on the route. If you have any further questions please call:
- Pre Event: (03) 8376 8888
- During Event: 0425 381 816 or 0425 777 484
If you must travel in areas where you will encounter a large number of Around the Bay riders, please always:
- Obey all road rules and follow traffic controller instructions (where applicable)
- Allow plenty of clearance when overtaking bike riders
- Be aware of oncoming traffic when overtaking bike riders
- Allow ample travel time as the average bike riders will ride between 15-35 km/h
Changed traffic conditions
To ensure the event is run safely, there will be partial and full road closures and changed traffic conditions that will apply on event day in the following areas:
- Port Phillip
- Mt Martha
Event day road closure details and times can be viewed in the embedded map.