Yarra Ranges is the latest council to add bike racks to their bus lines, allowing riders to include public transport as part of their journey.
Bike racks are being added to busses on the following routes in Yarra Ranges:
- 683 Chirnside Park - Warburton via Lilydale Station & Seville & Yarra Junction
- 685 Lilydale - Healesville via Lilydale Station & Coldstream & Yarra Glen
- 686 Healesville - Badger Creek
- 687 Chum Creek - Healesville
Bike racks are slowly being rolled out across Victoria by PTV. There are already bike racks installed on busses in the following routes:
- 510 Essendon Station to Ivanhoe Station via Brunswick, Northcote, and Thornbury
- 512 Strathmore to East Coburg via Pascoe Vale South, Coburg West, and Coburg
- Route 70 through Bendigo and Strathfieldsaye
- Cowes to Wonthaggi via Anderson in South Gippsland
Bike racks will also be installed on bus lines in Ballarat, Bendigo and Castlemaine.
You can find out more about bikes on busses on the PTV website here
This article was made possible by the support of Bicycle Network's members who enable us to make bike riding better in Australia.