Station Street Carrum south bound will be closed to traffic from Monday until the end of the next month.
The closure is associated with the level crossing removal project and involves the construction of a new off-road trail along the street.
There will also be a full road reconstruction including rail side kerb.
The closure is between Walkers Rd and Eel Race Rd at Chevron Crt.
Works will be from 05:00 Monday 20 April until Sunday, 31 May 2020.
- South Bound Closure at Walkers Rd, with diversion east along Walkers and then south along Valetta St
- North bound traffic will be diverted in the the existing south bound lane (resident side).
- Traffic barriers currently on Station St will be relocated into the centre of the road to allow two half constructions with impact to residents being left until the second half of the works.
- Traffic controllers will be on hand to assist as required.
Riders should also note that capacity on the Nepean Highway will be restricted between the Patterson River Bridge and Progress St Carrum from 04:00 Monday 20th April until Late May:
- Nepean Hwy capacity will be reduced to 1 lane each way
- Barriers will be in place to protect workers and delineate traffic.
- McLeod Rd intersection will operate as normal but with reduced capacity in Nepean Hwy.
- Pedestrian access across Nepean Hwy will be closed until the 5th May with diversions setup.