We are easing into the new year with our first social ride offering: the 18 km Ridgley Loops ride on Sunday 27 January.
The ride route has 230 metres of climbing and takes in the Ridgley and East Ridgley loops which traverse the north-west’s lush farmland.
Riders wanting an easier outing can elect to do one loop and riders wanting more of a challenge can tack on the West Ridgley loop to the route.
If you are interested in joining the ride RSVP and meet before 11 am opposite Sargents IGA supermarket on the corner of Queen Street and Ridgley Highway.
An option for the end of the ride is a drive/ride to Guide Falls and short waterfall ramble.
For the full map and route climb check out the Ride with GPS site.
This ride is being offered as part of Bicycle Network Tasmania’s social rides program. Social rides are free and organised by volunteers to help riders meet new people, learn new skills and gain confidence on their bikes.
Social rides are featured in each edition of In the Loop, but if you want more notice visit our social rides calendar, which is regularly updated:
Other upcoming rides of interest and events already on the calendar are:
- Wellness Expo valet parking – 2 March
- Pipeline Track Ride – 2 March
- E-bike Convoy to Electrikhana – 2 March
- Kingborough Treasure Hunt – 3 March
- Women on Wheelts – 3 March
- Pipeline at Night – 6 March
- Friday Unwinder on the ICC – 8 March
- Welcome the Pain Revolution ride – 23 March
- Family Ride to Taste of the World – 24 March