Voting is now open for the Victorian Government’s Pick My Project grant scheme and more than 30 community bike projects have made the cut.
The Victorian-first community grants initiative has $30 million available to fund local projects that make the community a better place to live with at least one million dollars in funding available in each metro and regional area.
Both metropolitan and regional projects were nominated by members of the local community from May to early July 2018.
New or expanded Parkiteer cages, bike sheds, mountain bike trials and regional Cycling Without Age programs all feature heavily in the list.
People are encouraged to vote for three of their favourite project ideas to help turn them into a reality. Locals are also encouraged to share the projects across social media pages to help gain traction and leave comments of support.
With bikes central to happy and healthy communities, Bicycle Network wants to thank those who nominated bike-specific projects.
Here are the bike-related projects we found:
- Parkiteer cage and bicycle hoops at Spotswood Train Station
- Expansion of Parkiteer cage at Newport Station
- Bike Shed at Kensington Heath Primary School
- Bike Shed for Rosebud Primary School
- Footscray Community Bike Shed
- West Footscray Bike Track for Kids
- Plenty Gorge Park mountain bike trail program
- The Bike Exchange (repair bikes that have been dumped at Wyndham Waste and Recycling Transfer Centre).
- Expansion of mountain bike trails at Arthurs Seat State Park
- Mountain Bike Park at Waubra
- Bike love, Bike Bendigo
- Apollo Bay Community Bike Shed
- Big Hill Mountain Bike Park Community Facilities
- Mitta Valley Mountain Bike Park
- Modular Bike and Scooter Pumptrack in Hopetoun
- Marking Cycling the Norm in the Macedon Ranges
- Communtiy Cycling Cross Track in Baw Baw Shire
- Cycling and Walking path in Junortoun
- Camperdown Cycling Club velodrome resurfacing
- Numurkah inclusive cycling program
- Cycling Without Age – Maryborough
- Cycling Without Age – Warrnambool
- Cycling Without Age – Port Fairy
- Castlemaine to Muckleford Cycle Trial
- Great Western Wine and Heritage Cycle Trail
- Recycled Cycles Youth Program
- Ballarat High School’s Bikes for Everyone
- Mike’s Bikes for Yarram
- New Score Shed and Storage garage for Wyndham BMX
- Ballarat-Sebastopol BMX Track surfacing upgrade
- Toora BMX track
To vote for your top three projects, simply head to https://pickmyproject.vic.gov.au/ and register.
Voting is open from 13 August - 17 September, 2018.