United Energy Around the Bay is a bike ride unlike any other with more than 10,000 people from across the country taking part year after year.
Here are just five reasons why we know you’ll love it too:
- 10 distances, 10 ways to ride - United Energy Around the Bay is the ride for everyone. With 10 ride distances, you can choose your own adventure or challenge. Pick the family-friendly 20km ride, pedal over the Westgate Bridge or crack your first cycling century in the 100km ride.
- Celebrate your ride your way- It doesn’t matter what kind of bike you ride or what you wear, as long as you’re comfy and ready for the day ahead. Dress up in full lycra kit, proudly don the event jersey or even dress up in costume — it’s your day, celebrate and ride United Energy Around the Bay your way.
- Australia's biggest bike ride - The feeling of anticipation, excitement and fun as you line up with thousands of people is only matched by the feeling of crossing the finish line, medal in hand. There are few places in the world where you’ll experience this much enthusiasm for bikes and the people who ride them.
- Change lives and help children succeed at school - By fundraising for The Smith Family through your ride, you can help children succeed at school so they can create better futures for themselves. Since 1993, United Energy Around the Bay riders have raised millions to children in need break the cycle of disadvantage.
- Full support for every pedal stroke - You can ride without a care in the world knowing that you’ve got the full support of Bicycle Network every pedal stroke of the way. We’ve got you covered for food, drinks, mechanical support, traffic management, training, first aid and finish line celebrations. With a 40+ year history and hundreds of bike riding events under our belt, we’re one of the best in the business.
Whether you're a newbie, regular or veteran, there's plenty of reasons to rally your friends and family to take part in this year's United Energy Around the Bay.
To make it even sweeter, enter before Friday 27 July to score the early bird price, a bonus event jersey.