Melbourne Water, Good Cycles and Bicycle Network will be giving riders free bike tune ups and goodies at Brighton this Saturday.
From 9:00am to 12:00pm on the Brighton Bay Trail at Middle Brighton Baths tune-ups will be given to say thank you to bike riders for putting up with inconveniences from the Brighton Main Sewer project.
If you're out on Beach Road getting your pre Around the Bay riding going we hope to see you on Saturday – we'll have some special giveaways.
Work along Beach Road has been in action since March and is expected to finish just before Christmas.
In the next two weeks, the project will:
- continue to move north with manhole modifications. Works hours are 9am to 4pm, Monday to Friday, between Dendy Street and North Road, Brighton.
- undertake 24-hour works between South Road and Dendy Street from 6pm Sundays to 4am Saturdays.
- have 24-hour lane closures and reduced speed limits on Beach Road from 6pm Sunday to 4.30am Saturday.
- commence Stage 3 bypass pipeline installation on the foreshore between Middle Brighton Baths and the Elwood Boat Ramp (North Road).
- request cyclists walk their bike on the Bay Trail where it is shared with the 450mm bypass pipeline, between the Anzac Memorial and Brighton Surf Life Saving Club, for their own and others safety.
- continue to install high visibility, non-slip road plates recessed into the roadway.