Bicycle Network: Bike Futures Services
The $50 Reward
Many organisations support Super Tuesday by recruiting counters for this annual event - Australia's largest visual bicycle count. We value their contribution. For a list of supporters, see the links on the right.
About The Financial Recognition
Each person who successfully volunteers and completes the process for Super Tuesday, can nominate their local Bicycle User Group (BUG), club or school to receive $50 as reward for their work.
The more people who participate and nominate your BUG, club or school the more money you will receive.
Examples of proactive BUGs and schools in the past:
- 2012: Whitehorse Cyclists had 45 people nominate them which totalled $2250!
- 2010: Brunswick South-West Primary School had 22 people nominate them which totalled $1100!
So get your work colleagues, friends and family to volunteer for Super Tuesday. They can then nominate your local BUG, club or school and raise some much needed money.
Process for payment of $50 reward to Supporter Organisations
Please wait till you receive a confirmation email from us before you send us your invoice - this will allow us to process the data more quickly and help our valued supporters.
- The sooner we receive all count data, the sooner we can begin confirming data and processing payments to supporter organisations (BUGs, clubs, schools etc)
- Bicycle Network Victoria can't process invoices until we've checked and verified data from all count sites. This will take 3 weeks from the day of the count. Our Counters have collected valuable data and we want to make sure it's processed properly.
- We will then email each counter the total number of counts completed by people who nominated their supporter organisation.
- This gives the supporter organisation the correct number of completed counts and enables the organisation to invoice for the correct amount.
- It is the responsibity of each supporter organisation to invoice Bicycle Network Victoria for the correct total figure. If you are a counter and you think your nominated supporter organisation does not know they have been nominated, forward our confirmation email to them and remind them to invoice Bicycle Network Victoria. This may be the case for some schools or clubs which have a limited number of counters.
- We aim to be in the position to start making payments to supporter organisations within 8-10 weeks of the count.
- All groups that are registered for GST will need to include GST in their invoice for the $50 donation. That is $45.45 + $4.55 GST per person.
- Groups that are NOT registered for GST can just invoice the full $50 per person.
- If your group does not have an ABN, you need to include a Statement by a Supplier Form with your invoice.
- Statement by a Supplier Form - supplier without ABN.pdf
- Super Tuesday Tax Inv Template.doc
Do I have to donate the $50 to a BUG or club?
No. If you choose not to nominate a recipient BUG, cycling group or community organisation, the funds generated by your work for Super Tuesday will go to the Bicycle Network, to help get More People Cycling More Often.
What is the criteria for an organisation to be a Super Tuesday Supporter?
As a rule, any Bicycle User Group (BUG), cycling club or association, school or community based club or not-for-profit organisation is eligible to be a Super Tuesday supporter.
How do I nominate a BUG or club to receive the $50 in a State where Super Tuesday hasn't happened before?
When prompted to nominate a BUG or club to receive the $50 during the registration process, simply type the name of the group correctly into the field provided, if the group meets the selection criteria as detailed on the registration page. Bicycle Network will then get in contact with them after the count has been completed.
Does the organisation I donate to need to have an ABN?
No. However, if organisations or groups do not have an ABN, they need to fill out a Statement by a Supplier form and return it to Bicycle Network before payment can be made.