Ride2Uni – improve your confidence on the bike
Ride2Uni gives staff and students more transport choices by improving their bike riding confidence and skills.
What is Ride2Uni?
Ride2Uni is a partnership between Bicycle Network and the University of Tasmania that helps staff and students become more confident on two wheels and learn the most comfortable routes to ride between campuses, accommodation and other major areas in Hobart and Launceston.
Bike Basics classes are designed for people who do not know how to ride or have ridden in the past but would like a refresher on braking and riding with care, turning, signalling and using gears effectively.
Road Riding is led by one of our friendly instructors along some of the common routes between campuses and the city. These rides will help people choose low-traffic routes and provide tips about riding next to parked cars, using footpaths and positioning on the road.
Ride2Uni semester two 2021 sessions. Choose your preferred session and register below.
Launceston – Newnham
Bike basics – 2 sessions per participant
- Tuesday 7 and Tuesday 21 September: 10 am – 12 pm, meet at UTAS Unigym.
- Monday 6 September: 2–4 pm, meet at Queen Elizabeth Walk
Burnie – West Park
- Monday 20 September: 2–4 pm, meet at West Park student accommodation, outside building WP04.
Hobart – Sandy Bay
Bike Basics – 2 sessions per participant
- Wednesday 8 and Wednesday 22 September: 2–4 pm
- Meet at the bike hub on Dobsons Street opposite Engineering Building for sessions on the bike polo court.
- Wednesday 8 September: 10 am – 12 pm
- Friday 10 September: 2–4 pm
- Wednesday 22 September 10am – 12 pm
- Thursday 23 September 10am – 12 pm
- Meet at the bike hub on Dobsons Street opposite Engineering Building.
Are you already comfortable on the bike and keen to help others get up to speed? You could volunteer and be the first or last rider in the Urban Rides group or help with training exercises in the Bike Basics sessions*.
If you are interested in volunteering at our Ride2Uni sessions then sign up below for the training sessions held in Hobart and Launceston by sending an email with your contact details.
Volunteer training sessions
- Thursday 26 August: 2–4 pm
Wednesday 25 August: 2–4 pm
*Please note, you must be available to volunteer when the Ride2Uni sessions are being held in Hobart on 8–23 September and Launceston on 6–21 September.