Peaks Challenge is a grueling ride – you need to keep yourself fuelled to tackle the climbs and power through the kilometres.
Winners Sports Nutrition
Winners Sports Nutrition are proud to be the Official Energy Bar & Gel of Peaks Challenge 2019. Winners energy products have been developed specifically for cyclists and are used and recommended by cycling champion Cadel Evans.
Winners have created a special Peaks Challenge Nutrition Pack containing a selection of great tasting energy products, perfect for riders to be fuelled during training and event day.
10% discount offer
Peaks Challenge participants can get 10% off from winnersbar.com. Simply use coupon code: Peaks2019 with any purchase.
How to approach nutrition for Peaks Challenge?
4 – 6 weeks before ride day
- Begin to trial different food options and incorporate nutrition into your training ride.
- Practice opening, storing products and eating whilst on the bike.
3 – 4 weeks before ride day
- Develop a nutrition plan for ride day and begin to fine tune in training
1 week before ride day
- Taper training and increase carbohydrate intake in the lead up to the event.
- Eat and drink consistently from the start of the ride to reduce fatigue. Aim to consume 30-60g of carbohydrates per hour of the ride.
For more information download Winners’ free Cycling ‘Guide to Nutrition’.
Here are Winners top 5 nutrition tips:
- Aim to consume 30 – 60g of carbohydrate per hour of riding
- Eat and drink consistently on the ride. Set your watch alarm to go off every 20 minutes as a reminder
- Eat high carbohydrate foods and taper training in the days leading up to the ride.
- Eat foods containing carbs and protein within 30 minutes of completing a ride to aid recovery
- Test your nutrition plan prior to the ride. People respond differently to different foods, make sure your body can cope under ride conditions
“Winners products are not just for elite athletes, but provide the sustained energy boost that any active person needs” – Cadel Evans
Become our friend
Find out more about Bicycle Network and support us in making it easier for people to ride bikes.