A Peaks Challenge ride is gruelling – you need to keep yourself fuelled to tackle the climbs and power through the kilometres.
Winners Sports Nutrition
Winners Sports Nutrition are proud to be the Official Energy Bar & Gel of the Peaks Challenge. Winners energy products have been developed specifically for cyclists and are used and recommended by cycling champion Cadel Evans.
Nutrition plays a vital role for extended rides – Winners will be providing a mix of their energy bars, gels and chews throughout the ride.
10% Discount offer
Winners are offering a 10% discount from winnersbars.com for all riders participating in Peaks Challenge 2018.
Coupon Code: PEAKS2018
Here are Winners top 5 nutrition tips for Peaks Challenge Falls Creek riders:
- Aim to consume 30 – 60g of carbohydrate per hour of riding
- Eat and drink consistently on the ride. Set your watch alarm to go off every 20 minutes as a reminder
- Eat high carbohydrate foods and taper training in the days leading up to the ride.
- Eat foods containing carbs and protein within 30 minutes of completing a ride to aid recovery
- Test your nutrition plan prior to the ride. People respond differently to different foods, make sure your body can cope under ride conditions
Get your FREE download of Winners Cycling Guide to Nutrition
“Winners products are not just for elite athletes, but provide the sustained energy boost that any active person needs” – Cadel Evans