Newcrest Orange Challenge
Winners nutrition tips
Here are Winners top 5 nutrition tips for Newcrest Orange Challenge riders:
- Aim to consume 30 – 60g of carbohydrate per hour of riding
- Eat and drink consistently on the ride. Set your watch alarm to go off every 20 minutes as a reminder
- Eat high carbohydrate foods and taper training in the days leading up to the ride.
- Eat foods containing carbs and protein within 30 minutes of completing a ride to aid recovery
- Test your nutrition plan prior to the ride. People respond differently to different foods, make sure your body can cope under ride conditions