Around the Bay
Why have a team?
The benefits of entering a team in Around the Bay are numerous, but here’s a quick snapshot:
- A stronger office culture and increased team morale
- Fundraising for kids in need
- Positive and active environment for team building
- Promotion of a healthier and active lifestyle
- Mechanical tune ups for your workplace in the lead up
- Exclusive offers from partners
- Download our Around the Bay – Teams booklet for more information
Organise a team
It can seem a bit daunting organising a team, training, and fundraising. However it’s easier than you think!
1. Let the office know
Get word around the office that you’re organising a team for Around the Bay 2017. Enter early to get your favourite ride option.
2. Organise your training rides
While the event isn’t until October, it’s a good idea to organise your training rides now and get people committed and motivated throughout the cooler months. Training rides will also be run with Team Bicycle Network on dates TBC.
3. Set up your team’s fundraising page
The Smith Family aims to raise over $1 million dollars this year from Around the Bay. How much will your team fundraise?
4. Book your spot in The Clubhouse
Celebrate the day in style at The Clubhouse with catering, drinks and underneath a giant marquee, there is no better way to finish off the day.
- Enter a team of 15 riders or more into Around the Bay, you’ll also receive free freight of your rider pack within Australia to a single nominated address
- If your team purchases 25 tickets you will receive the 26th ticket on us
- Get access to our Tour de France evening on us (Dates TBC)
- Will your team be number #1? The largest Around the Bay team will receive a trophy on event day!
“We started with the idea in 2004 and we had our first Toyota Aust cycling team in 2005 with 43 riders. The numbers have increased and seem to grow every year. We started setting goals to be one of the top 5 corporate teams for the event and by 2009 we had one of the largest teams. We pride ourselves on supporting The Smith Family through fundraising at Around the Bay, giving teams members a sense of achievement post event.
Carlo D’Angelo – Senior Safety Advisor HR, Toyota Australia