Bicycle Network: The basics (4558)
Ride the Night Melbourne will be held on Saturday 28 January, 2017.
The ride will commence at 11pm, but we'd love for you to join us at the Event Village from 9pm where there'll be plenty of music and colour - paint and lights - so you can help us brighten the future of our youth!
The Event Village will be located on Aughtie Drive, Albert Park.
Once the ride commences, you'll head off on either a 64km or 42km ride around Melbourne's most iconic landmarks, The 2017 route includes new and old favourites, such as:
- Luna Park and Port Phillip Bay
- Melbourne Zoo
- Melbourne Museum and the Royal Exhibition Building
- The MCG and Melbourne Park
- Royal Botanic Gardens and the Shrine
- Yarra and Maribyrnong Rivers
Entries to Ride the Night Melbourne will open on Tuesday 8 November, 2016.
Key dates and pricing:
|Bicycle Network members||8 NOV - 13 NOV||$74|
|Standard||14 NOV - 30 DEC||$84|
|Last chance||31 DEC - 28 JAN||$94|
Join us for Ride the Night Melbourne, and not only will you help us brighten the future of our youth, you'll also receive:
- Access to Melbourne's only night ride, with Bicycle Network's trademark on-road support - mechanics, first aid, traffic management and five great rest stops!
- Vouchers for coffee and food, so you've got the fuel to keep you going.
- A reflective kit, including ankle band and backpack
- A few surprises along the way
We're excited to share that TOASTA and Around the Way Bagels are back. You'll be able to redeem your food voucher for your FREE food item from your choice of these two tasty food trucks between 9pm - 12midnight only at Albert Park.
Ride the Night Melbourne is an all-weather event, and because Melbourne is pretty unpredictable at the best of times, we recommend you come prepared for all weather conditions. You don't need the latest lycra kit, but a good spray jacket, water resistant shoes and comfy pants are a must!
What do you need to bring?
- Your bike, helmet and front white and red rear light
- Your rider kit, which will be available for collection
- Colour, colour, colour - think clothes, facepaint, glowsticks and everything in between!
- A sense of adventure and a community. Ride the Night is about a great group of people coming together to raise funds for an amazing cause. Get involved, talk to your fellow riders and take it all in
What else do you need to know?
- You need to have a front white and rear red light on your bike, which must be able to last the duration of the ride
- You'll receive an event update each month leading up to the ride with key information and preparation tips
- There are some key cut-off times around the route - if you're not able to make them, you'll be diverted forward to our short-course option
- You must be over 16 to participate, and riders between 16 and 18 must be accompanied by a guardian
- Whilst standard, human-powered bikes are recommended, we also welcome electric bikes on Ride the Night. However, for these bikes, please note that mechanical and SAG support may be limited
- Ride the Night Melbourne is an alcohol-free event
- Our terms and conditions are available here