Bicycle Network: Warmest Welcome (4720)
Every year, RACV Great Vic riders vote 'community spirit' as one of memorable moments that most shaped their experience on the event – they love the warm welcomes, local hospitality and the opportunity to really discover the best that Victoria has to offer! So to help you get involved, and maximise the opportunity for everyone in along the route, we'll work closely with you to ensure you enjoy your experience with the RACV Great Vic as much as our riders do!
What is the Warmest Welcome?
The RACV Warmest Welcome program is open to all community groups (schools, sports clubs, Scouts, Lions, Rotary, etc.) in the areas that the ride passes through, and it's your chance to get involved, help encourage our riders along the way and show the ride community what your group is all about!
It might be a simple as posters on your fence or windows, or if you're a school group, you might like to bring the children to see the ride come through town. Whatever you do, keep it simple, make it bright and make sure the riders can see it! All registered entrants in the Warmest Welcome are eligible to win cash grants from RACV:
- 1st Prize - $1500 cash grant
- 2nd Prize - $500 cash grant
How to enter?
- To be eligible, click here to complete this registration
- Click here to download a copy of the RACV Warmest Welcome poster to display on event
The judging will be based on the following areas:
- Effort, enthusiasm & excitement
- Decorations, signage and displays
- Community Spirit
Winners will be announced after the event and will be notified by phone, mail or email shortly thereafter.
Entries are limited to one entry per organisation and entries close at midnight on Wednesday 22 November, 2017. Good luck and thank you for supporting the RACV Great Victorian Bike Ride 2017!
RACV Warmest Welcome Terms and Conditions
2017 RACV Great Victorian Bike Ride
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to community groups and schools who are conducting a community activity whilst the RACV Great Vic is in their town.
3. Registrations commence at 9:00am AEDST 2 May 2017 and close at midnight AEDST 22 November 2017.
4. There are two prizes to be won.
- First prize $1,500
- Second prize $500
5. To be eligible for the prize, community groups must:
a. Register their group via the online registration form (www.surveymonkey.com/s/RACVWarmestWelcome)
b. Outline how they will be welcoming the riders to their area
c. Put on their ‘warmest welcome’ as the ride passes through their community
d. Display the official ‘RACV Warmest Welcome Program’ poster to show support of the program.
6. The judging panel will consist of official RACV riders and Bicycle Network staff.
7. The judging will be completed by 5:00pm AEDST on 9 December 2017
8. Subject to any applicable law which cannot be excluded, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered or sustained (included but not limited to direct or consequential loss or loss arising from negligence) arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with the promotion or use of the prize.
9. The winning entrants will be announced by 5:00pm AEST on 18 December 2017, they will also be notified by telephone and/or email.
10. The prizes are strictly non-transferable
11. The judge’s decision is final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. No responsibility is accepted for delayed, lost or misdirected correspondence.
The Promoters are:
Bicycle Network – Level 4, 246 Bourke Street, Melbourne Vic 3000, ABN: 41 026 835 903