The RACV Great Vic makes for an ideal school camp environment and provides students a challenging yet fun experience and opportunity to engage with people from all age groups and walks of life. As a school camp, it is unique. Bicycle Network takes care of food, campsites, medical and provides full en-route support allowing schools to focus on education and developmental goals.
There are a number of key benefits that students will take out of this camping adventure including:
- practical bicycle maintenance skills
- better physical fitness
- heightened spatial awareness skills from riding
- communicating in groups
- improved self-confidence
- resilience and personal development.
As well as a bike ride, the RACV Great Vic is perfect for a school camp with 3, 5 and 9 day ride options. Some of the activities for schools at each campsite include:
- Games - Once students arrive back at the campsite they can continue the fun with one of the many games Bicycle Network provide - everything from cricket to bocce
- Yoga - Daily class for students to unwind and relax after a tough day on the bike
- Chill Space - Students can get comfortable on one of our bean bags, plug in their music and close the eyes for the perfect rest after a day on the bike
- Talent Show - One of the biggest events on the ride that showcases the hidden talents of our riders. A huge hit with our large contingent of schools
- Bike Maintenance - Get some handy tips on how to go from amateur to pro from one of our bike maintenance experts
If you would like any further information or have any queries relating to the RACV Great Victorian Bike Ride for your school, please contact us and we'd be happy to help.
RACV Great Victorian Bike Ride Schools Co-ordinator: