Registration for the Premier’s Active April is now open – a free and fun Victorian Government initiative that encourages all Victorians to do 30 minutes of physical activity a day during April.
And what better way for school kids to warm up for the challenge than by kick-starting active transport habits with National Ride2School Day on March 22.
Riding, walking, scooting or skating to school or work is the easiest way to incorporate physical activity into your everyday life, and the Ride2School program is designed to support, encourage, empower and enable as many students as possible to do so.
This year, National Ride2School Day is hearkening back to the old days – when eight out of ten students rode or walked to school – with a back to the ‘70s competition that asks you send in your retro photos of you and your bike!
The Premier’s Active April
Sharing our mission to get more people enjoying an active and healthy lifestyle, Active April encourages individuals, teams, workplaces and schools to participate in at least 30 minutes of physical activity per day for a month.
Participants can get involved by downloading the mobile app, where you can log activity and track your progress throughout the month. The app also allows you to create and join teams, compare the progress of team members and win some seriously awesome prizes.
Plus, the new My Local feature lets you discover local offers, events and facilities available throughout Victoria to help you on your monthly mission.
Just by signing up, Active April participants gain access to:
- 10 free passes at your local participating YMCA or local government recreation facility
- 30% discount at SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium and LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Melbourne
- a 2 for 1 ticket offer to Otway Fly Treetop Adventures
- 10% discount at Sovereign Hill
- 15% off at Sportsmart in store and online
- free experiences at participating Parks Victoria parks
- 15% discount for a Coasting: Stand Up Paddle boarding session
- 15% off Rock Up Netball Train and Youth Programs
- 20% discount for Netball Victoria community clinics
- a 2 for 1 green fee offer at participating Golf Australia courses
- 10% discount on term 2 My Golf Australia Junior Programs
- five free group dance lessons at a participating DanceSport Victoria centre
- one free Cardio Tennis trial at participating Tennis Victoria courts
- one hour free tennis court hire at Melbourne Park or Albert Reserve
- entry into the draw to win tickets to 2020 Australian Open Tennis Finals*
- weekly email tips on healthy eating and being active