Our northern ride leaders have been busy planning rides for the coming months, so get out your diary and start marking in dates and locations!
The leaders have come up with some exciting routes over the next six months, so if you’ve been itching for a lengthy ride on quiet roads take a look at this list and register your interest online:
- Saturday 26 – Sunday 27 May: Western Tiers Loop 1 and Western Tiers Loop 2, Deloraine
- Sunday 24 June: Table Cape, Wynyard
- Sunday 29 July: Paloona Circuits, Forth River Valley
- Sunday 26 August: Gunns Plains Loop, Leven Valley
- Sunday 30 September: Claude Road and Tazmazia, Sheffield
- Sunday 28 October: Port Sorrell
- Sunday 25 November: Castra Loop, Latrobe
Social rides will be cancelled if the weather forecast is unfavourable so make sure you register so you can be easily contacted.
UTAS Bike Fair
The University of Tasmania is holding a Bike Fair on Monday 30 April and we’ll be there with bells on.
We’ll be on hand to talk to students and staff about getting around Hobart by bike, Bicycle Network membership, riders insurance, social rides and advocacy for better infrastructure to make it easier to ride.
Share the love, bring a friend or colleague who is a bit hesitant about getting on two wheels, and we'll help to answer their questions.
We'll be at the centre of the campus from 10:00am to 2:00pm, near Lazenby's cafe and below the fountain.
Volunteer Thank You
To kick off national volunteer week we will be inviting all the people who make our events, rides, bicycle counts and valet parking possible to a thank you lunch at Mawsons Pavilion on Hobart’s waterfront on Sunday 20 May.
If you have volunteered in the past year or two you’ll receive an invitation by email.
We are of course encouraging people to ride to the lunch and will organise as many social rides there as we can get leaders for. The first ride to be organised is from Glenorchy Gardens to the waterfront: www.biketas.org.au/glenorchy_gardens_to_the_volunteers_party
Last minute reminders
- Saturday 28 April: North West Ecofest
- Saturday 28 April – Sunday 29 April: Bruny Island E-bike Weekend
- Sunday 29 April: Burnie road rides