What better way to celebrate Bike Week (3–11 March) than with a few bike rides?
Take your pick of six rides during Bike Week:
Sunday 4 March
- Women on Wheels 17km ride on roads and trails. Meet at 10am at Salacia Avenue, Wentworth Park South, Howrah. Ride lasts 10.30am – 12 pm.
- Kingborough Treasure Hunt, Peter Murrell Reserve, Huntingfield Avenue, 2–5 pm. Family friendly, suits mountain bikes, 5km.
Wednesday 7 March
- Turners Beach Bike Fun taking in the Berry Patch. Time TBC
Friday 9 March
- Lenah Valley History and Adventure. 10am start, finish about 12pm. Meet at Putters Golf, 10 Main Rd, Moonah. Suits mountain, hybrid and e-bikes, 12km.
Saturday 10 March
- Artlovers’ Scenic route to MONA through Lutana, Goodwood and GASP in Montrose with coffee break at MONA. Meet at Cenotaph car park at 9.45 am, back about 1 pm. Suits road, hybrid and e-bikes, 26km.
Sunday 11 March
- Convoy to the E-bike Expo. Meet at the Hockey Centre in New Town at 9.30am for the short 4km ride to the Regatta Grounds. We’d like to make an entrance to the e-bike expo so remember bells, whistles.
All ride details can be found here. In the case of forecast bad weather a decision about whether to go ahead with the ride will be made by the ride leader at 5pm the day before.
All rides are free except for Women on Wheels which costs $20 and $10 for Bicycle Network members.