Main Yarra Trail closure this Friday
Parks Victoria will close the Main Yarra Trail at Burnley for a period this Friday, July 6.
Maintenance work will close the trail between 9:30 am and 3:00 PM.
The closed section is from Burnley Harbour to the Mary Street Underpass.
A detour will be in place via Barkly Avenue, the Alan Bain Reserve and Mary Street, a route that will be familiar to regular riders as it has been used frequently in the past.
Brighton Main Sewer
Works are continuing on the Brighton Main Sewer affecting the Bay Trail and Beach Road.
From 20 June to 4 July the project will:
- Close up to three lanes on The Esplanade between Normanby and Park Streets from 7pm to 5am on Sunday 24 June and Monday 25 June.
- Close the St Kilda Street-North Road intersection over two nights, Wednesday 27 June and Thursday 28 June, between 7pm and 5am. Please follow instructions from traffic controllers when approaching the intersection.
- Run the final stage of the temporary bypass pipeline along the foreshore and on the Bay Trail from Bay Street northward for about 170 metres to where the median strip separates the walking and bike paths. Cyclists should take extra care for their own safety, as well as the safety of other users.
- Construct a custom built ramp over the pipe between Royal Brighton Yacht Club and Middle Brighton Baths cafe to maintain pedestrian and cyclists access.
- Continue with 24-hour lining works between South Road and Dendy Street from 6pm Sundays to 4.30am Saturdays.
- Maintain 24-hour lane closures and reduced speed limits from 6pm Sunday to 4.30am Saturday along sections of Beach Road.
For more information about the project call 1800 870 729 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit yoursay.melbournewater.com.au/sewerupgrade.
Brunswick: Upfield Bike Path – Jewell Train Station
Dates: 18 January 2018 – October 2019
Works as part of the Neometro project at Jewell Station will result in the Upfield bike path being closed for almost years between Barkly Street and Union Street.
Bike riders will be redirected via an off-ramp at Barkly Street, around Black Street and Wilson Avenue before rejoining the bike path at Union Street.
There will be cars using these streets during this time.
Extra care should be taken on Wilson Avenue which has blind corners.
Got a detour or road closure that's not on our list? Please send an email to email@example.com.