Bicycle Network: About R2S
It’s easy, and it’s free. We support our schools to create and maintain active travel cultures through the following key tools and activities:
- Local and State government support to create active travel environments (e.g. school crossings, reduced speed limits, paths etc)
- Development of active travel routes
- Bike education and training skills workshop support
- Star Rewards and Barrier Busters incentives - offering such prizes as bike parking and bike education
- Monthly HandsUp! counts
- National Ride2School Day
- Behind the Bike Shed eNews
All that’s involved is from your school is a monthly HandsUp! count each month. You then enter these results in our online system – it only takes 3 minutes. This helps us track your schools progress. The best part is by doing this your school is in the running for fantastic prizes through our Star Rewards and Barrier Buster program.
Join thousands of schools across Australia and commit to creating an active travel culture in your school. Register your school in the Ride2School program today.