Bicycle Network: National Ride2School Day
National Ride2School Day
Australia's largest celebration of active travel to school.
An active school is a healthy school
Wednesday 19 March 2014 marks the eighth National Ride2School Day, where over 250,000 Australian students, just like yours, will ride, walk, scoot or skate to school, many for the first time.
National Ride2School Day is about celebrating active travel within the school day and encouraging those who haven't started to give it a go. Commit to a healthier 2014 and create an active travel culture within your school community by registering* for National Ride2School Day 2014.
Three reasons to register:
- Join over 250,000 other students, just like yours, across Australia
- It's a great way to get fit, healthy and contributes to the 60 minutes of daily recommended physical activity for students
- Students arrive alert, more attentive and ready to learn
It’s easy to participate and make a bold statement within your local school community.
1. Register* your participation
All past participants from this year event will be automatically registered for National Ride2School Day and will receive a promotional pack in the mail week commencing 27 January 2014.
- Registering shows your community that you are taking the lead in combating increasing levels of inactivity that have real consequences for students well-being. Registering also enables the Ride2School Program to assist you in encouraging your community to be active all year round.
2. Download and display the poster around your school to promote your school's commitment to healthy lifestyles. Take this a step further and place it on the school website and newsletter.
With over eight years’ experience working with schools just like yours to create an active travel culture, we're here to help you. Feel free to get in touch with us and keep us updated on your Ride2School celebration through Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, email or phone 1800 639 634.
We look forward to your school joining in the fun and helping us to encourage the school community to become healthier in the process.
National Ride2School Day is proudly supported by