Bicycle Network: Ride2School (179)
A benefit of the Ride2School program is our annual grants for schools registered to our program.
Since 2011, the Ride2School program have provided more than $550,000 worth of grants to Victorian schools, to support more students riding and walking on their journey to school.
This year we're changing the way we provide these grants to schools. We're now making it easier for your school to have their share of $110,000 each year to help grow your active travel culture.
Each school can apply for grants up to the value of $5,000. The grant can be used on bike parking, Ride2School Active Paths, a fleet of bikes for the school, financial contributions to a new bike shed and much more! Schools aren't limited in what they can apply for, as long as they can demonstrate a willingness to support more students actively traveling to school.
The Ride2School Grants will be split in two rounds each year.
Round One | Term One | 2017
Round Two | Term Three | 2017
- Applications open 17th July 2017
- Applications Close 22nd September 2017
How do you apply? Complete the 3 steps below.
- Make sure your school has a Ride2School account
- Complete the online form here
- Submit a photograph of your signed Active Travel Charter to Ride2School
- Record at least 4* HandsUp! counts to demonstrate your commitment.
*Schools with less than 4 HandsUp counts submitted in the current school year will not be shortlisted for an award.
- To be eligible for an award, each school must complete the Ride2School Active Travel Charter and demonstrate an ongoing commitment to promoting and support active travel in their school community.
- Record a minimum of 4 HandsUp! counts via your Ride2School account
- Applications will be reviewed by the Ride2School team based on, need, quality and commitment. Download the Award criteria here.
- Awards are only applicable for Victorian schools
- For more information on the awards, please read the Terms and Conditions.
- If you have any questions regarding the application process please contact Ride2School on 1800 639 634 or email@example.com
If you are applying for bike parking or a financial contribution to a bike shed, please contact us with further information to support the application.
If applying for Bike Parking you will be required to send through:
- Measurements of proposed bike parking space at the school
- Photos of proposed bike parking space
- Preference of bike parking style as found here
If applying for Bike Shed Contribution you will be required to send through:
- Draft plans for the bike shed
- 1 x Quote for building of bike shed from contractor
- Project timeline (brief)
- Details of where extra funds for the project will come from if required