Bicycle Network: Ride2School (179)
The Ride2School HandsUp! system is a key reporting tool used by schools registered in our program.
HandsUp! counts provide each school the opportunity to measure their progress in supporting more students to become physically active and is a great way to reward their success. HandsUp! allows schools to get the most value out of the program, be eligible for prizes and track their progress in their efforts to get more students active.
HandsUp! counts are simple.
- Select one day per week to count
- Ask students how they arrived at school
- Collate the date and enter the final results through your Ride2School account
The Travel Smart leaders from St Mary's Primary Williamstown, explain how they collect their HandsUp! data and how they encourage more students to get active on their journey to school.
Benefits for your school
- HandsUp! allows your school to track it's progress in getting more students riding, walking, skating and scooting more often
- The reporting tables and charts can be used to communicate progress achievements to current and prospective parents
- The CO2 reporting records can be used for AUSSIVic Schools transport audit module
- Monthly monitoring can provide opportunity for students to manage and to take responsibility
- HandsUp! surveys allow the Ride2School team to advocate for improved facilities around your school to support the riders and walkers. You can also present the data when applying for grants
- Students see their peers putting their HandsUp! which helps create active travel as a social norm
- Communicating achievements can help to build school community pride
Ride2School HandsUp! Incentive:
Terms and Conditions (for Victoria)
Terms and Conditions (for Tasmania)