Bicycle Network: The West Australian Great WA Bike Ride
Do more and help out on the 2011 Great WA Bike Ride!
Applications for volunteers are now closed.
West Australian Great WA Bike Ride 2011provides a fantastic opportunity to be a part of a unique event for people of all walks of life! Regardless of whether you would have liked to ride but didn't get enough training in or if you could not afford to participate or you simply want to be apart of a great community traveling from town to town on the ride. There is a fantastic experience awaiting you when you join us as a volunteer.
This year we are expecting around 150 Volunteers to join the ride. Recent rides have had waiting lists for Volunteers, so don't miss out, apply today!
What do you get?
- Transport to and from the Perth and Bunbury, WA
- All your meals
- Two Volunteer polo shirts
- Hat, water bottle and more!
- Tent supplied and transported
Briefly, how does it work?
- All volunteers are placed in a team for the event you will be assigned a Team Leader.
- Start and finsih times vary, but you generally work 8 hours each day. Check out the Job Descriptions!
- You will be given all the support and training that you need to undertake your chosen role.
- You are fully covered by our insurance on the even
How do I register?
It's really simple and only takes a minute or two.
- Basically you click on the big blue "REGISTER NOW" button over on the right top side of this page
- Then select a role that sounds interesting to you (after checking out the job descriptions)
- Sign up for the role- you will be prompted to enter all your details after this stage.
- Your registration is complete, you will hear form us soon!
If you're interested in Volunteering on The West Australian Great WA Bike Ride 2011, please note the following:
- Decide what team you would like to volunteer for by reading the Volunteer Team Descriptions.
- Make sure that you are available for the specified dates (18 March - 27 March 2011)
I have applied as a Volunteer - when will I know if I'm accepted?
We will be in touch by email to let you know about the role you have been assigned. If you need to apply for annual leave, let us know and we will endeavour to process your application sooner. We will be sending you regular newsletters keeping you up-to-date with what's happening.
When you receive your acceptance email, please be sure to log back onto your profile with your existing Username and Password to confirm your position.
Your Team Leader will be in touch with you prior to the event to discuss your role and you can ask any questions that you may have.
Changing Your Volunteer Application
Should you wish to amend any personal details or you are unable to keep your commitment, log back onto your profile with your existing User ID and Password.
Please click the "Transport" tab on the left to see available transport options (they are the same for riders and volunteers)
If you have already booked flights and they do not allow you to meet one of these transports then please contact us