Bicycle Network: Metro Routes
South: Hallam Main Drain & Berwick Town Drain
The Hallam Main Drain Trail can be built on or alongside the waterpipe route from the Eummemering Creek/South Gippsland Highway junction in the east, to the Berwick town centre and Monash University (Berwick Campus) in the west
Election opportunity for candidates to show support
15 August 2012 Bicycle Network has identified this project as a local council priority for the 2012 Local Government election. Candidates should be ready to support the development and partial funding of this project in conjunction with State Government and can tell riders in their Council area their position by posting their candidates' statement at VoteBike.
Hallam & Berwick Drain projects
30 June 2010. There are a range of projects that can connect Berwick town centre to the Eummemering Creek and the Metropolitan Trail Network.
The Hallam Main Drain Trail is a priority on the Metropolitan Trail Network.
High priority projects include:
- Building the Hallam Main Drain Trail from the Eummemering Creek Trail junction to the South Gippsland Highway
- Building from the South Gippsland Highway to Centre Road, Berwick
- Building from Centre Road, Berwick, to Grices Road, Berwick
- Build from Centre Road, Berwick north to the Princes Freeway via the Berwick Town Drain
- Connect east side of Princes Freeway to Berwick town centre and Monash University
- Build from Grices Road south to link to Cardinia Creek
- Build further south to connect to the Royal Botanic Gardens in Cranbourne, as possible.