Bicycle Network: Our Organisation
Come and join us
All the details you need to know about our current opportunities in paid and volunteer positions.
Bicycle Network is the largest member based riding organisation in the Southern Hemisphere with nearly 50,000 members. It is a health promotion charity that increases physical activity by getting More People Cycling More Often.
Bicycle Network runs iconic events such as Bupa Around the Bay and the RACV Great Victorian Bike Ride, conducts behaviour change programs such as Ride2School and Ride to Work, and campaigns to improve bike riding facilities and promote the rights of riders.
Bike Futures Manager - Melbourne
• You're persuasive, influential, and engaging
• You're not affraid to lead strategic discussion, while also getting your hands dirty in the operational stuff
• Be apart of something big - change the future of bike infrastructure in Aust!
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Corporate Relationships Team – a team that is determined, strategic and effective in building and growing external relationships with organisations to generate financial support, while also engaging people in discussions around the future landscape of the bicycle world.
What the role involves:
• Engaging with Local Government and key stakeholders to lead the discussion, development and strategy for the planning future of bike infrastructure.
• Providing an annual Conference and regional seminars for the education and insight to the future landscape of the bicycle world.
• Developing and promoting a suite of tools to aid with Local Government planning including overseeing the national Bike Counts program.
• Working as a team to promote Bicycle Network products, with the objective of increasing the future awareness of bicycle infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have a talent for building strong relationships and the confidence to promote new products.
• Be influential and engaging, through spoken words and writing.
• Be entrepreneurial and not afraid to have a go and implement new ideas.
• Have a passion for coordinating events and promoting products.
• Have the drive and commitment to passionately contribute to the purpose of Bicycle Network.
• Be energised in a learning organisation, where development is encouraged.
If you’re passionate about engaging stakeholders and leading the discussion for the future of bicycle infrastructure please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Friday, 14 March 2014.
Conditions of employment:
- If you have any medical conditions or an injury which would prevent or affect your ability to perform the inherent requirements of the position you're applying for, please let us know upon application.
- All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Australia.