I just got back last night, having very reluctantly had to come back for work.
Heaps of highlights for me, including:
- swimming at Greens Pool - could have stayed all day (as it was we only wasted 2 hours there!)
- the hospitality of the local towns, particularly Albany & Manjimup (whose footy club proved a welcome haven for wet cyclists)
- playing lawn bowls in Nannup, with the fantastic view over to the beautiful old country pub.
- the ride out to Cape Leeuwin lighthouse and the amazing view
- body-surfing in the amazingly warm water of the Indian Ocean at Margaret River Mouth Beach, then wine-tasting great drops all in the same day
- the ride through Caves Road on the way to Margaret River
Big shout-out to all the vollies who worked so hard in difficult conditions (I think that there were probably comparatively less vollies-to-riders than on previous rides I've done). Thanks everyone, riders and vollies, for contribulting to such a great holiday.