General talk. queries & comments about the Great Tasmanian Bike Ride
Someone suggested to me that hanging a full carbon frame by the top bar can damage the frame and that only the upright cartop racks should be used.
They also advised against laying the bike down in the back of a stationwagon too.
- Apply at all or is it just frogspawn?
- Apply to those racks with two wide arms supporting the frame both near the seat and near the headstem
- only apply to those racks with a central support i.e. mounted on the towbar.
- Posts: 43
- Joined: Mon 18 Jul 2005, 7:38 pm
- Location: Melbourne
I think it only applies to car racks that clamp onto the top tube - the clamping forces can damage the frame (didn't hear it about car racks, but work stands - and that was for carbon MTB's). I'm guessing that the racks with the 2 support arms may be OK, but check with your LBS just to be sure.
- Posts: 4377
- Joined: Fri 07 Oct 2005, 12:30 pm
- Location: Finally back on the bike
Return to 2007 Great Tasmanian Bike Ride discussion
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests