I will do a separate post later on, but I feel that this is the only forum within the BV universe where I am known and frequent.
Long story short, I have organised a raffle for the benefit of the cancer council, raising money for a dear friend who died from cancer last year. If you are interested in reading about my fundraising endeavours have a look here http://promisetopedal.wordpress.com/about/
Ive been able to get some great prizes for the raffle as follows:
1) Simon Gerrans GE signed jersey
2) 24 X 14 inch metallic print of stage 16 2012 Giro from Veeral Patel (I was blown away at how friggin awesome it looks!)
3) Custom “Puncture Fairy” from fellow Forumite Lisa Coutts.
4) A new pair of adidas runners custom fitted by Tasmanian running champ and all round nice guy Andy Allison (up to the value of $200)
5) 2 x Tshirts from A’qto
6) 3 x cycling socks from Fiasco Ciclismo (Tubular Tommy)
7) 1 x 7 day bike case hire from Travelo
2 X two day cold press juice cleanses from Cold Press Juice Co (delivered melb metro).. in my opinion juicing is the secret to unleashing your performance on the bike after personally knocking a minute of my 1in20 time and going sub hour up donna!!!
9) Various bars and gels from Winners Nutrition.
Tickets are $20 each, or 6 for $100 and can be bought here..http://promisetopedalraffle.wordpress.com/
In total there are 21 prizes, and thus far I have only sold 26 tickets, so on current odds, theres a great chance of winning something!
Also, buying tickets are gauranteed to give you a warm fuzzy feeling in your tummy and you are helping support people dealing with
cancer and also various parties looking for a cure.
For those that are interested, images of the jersey, print, and painting below.
Thanks for reading.
Deryck (No Gary! No!)
PS: Yes that’s right, there is absolutely no connection between my forum and real names! Haha