22. If the Ride Participant wishes to cancel his/her participation in the Ride, the Ride Participant must notify Bicycle Network Victoria in writing, providing his/her name, address, event number and reason for cancelling.
23. Written cancellations received before 5pm, 10 October 2012 (AEST) will be refunded their entry fee and transport costs less $AUD400 (deposit).
24. Written cancellations received before 5pm, 16 November 2012 (AEST) will be refunded 50% of their entry fee and transport costs.
25. No refunds will be offered for cancellations received after 5pm, 16 November 2012 (AEST).
26. Once the written cancellation has been received from the Ride Participant and processed by Bicycle Network Victoria the Ride Participant can no longer transfer their ride ticket.
27. Except as otherwise stated in these Entry Terms, Bicycle Network Victoria is under no obligation to refund monies or entry fees due to non use, cancellation, failure to participate or dissatisfaction by the Ride Participant.
Changes to Ride Options
28. Participants may add a new option (unless sold out) up until 18 January 2013 (AEST).
29. Participants may add, change and remove Ride Options Online until the earlier of 5pm, 18 January 2013 (AEST)or until option sold out. Your personal details can be changed at no cost.
30. If the balance is greater than the original payment participants will be directed to pay via credit card. If the balance is less than the original payment participants will not be automatically refunded for the remaining amount. Participants must call the Bicycle Network Victoria office on 03 8636 8888 to request a refund. A $AUD20 administration charge applies to all refunds.
31. Ride Merchandise and Ride DVD will not be refunded. Once the product is purchased, the product remains the property of the buyer and will be distributed to the buyer at the allocated time.
32. The Ride Participant may choose to purchase an external optional travel insurance policy which may cover them in case of cancellation.
33. Bicycle Network Victoria Members that participate in the Ride may have travel insurance included in their Membership
34. Bicycle Network Victoria Members should refer to the policy details available at www.bv.com.au.
mtb101 wrote:don't seem right as you have a genuine reason outside of your control,
mtb101 wrote:don't seem right as you have a genuine reason outside of your control....
mpridmore wrote:Pete, thanks for your response. I have rider insurance with Bicycle Queensland, and the ride is in my home state, so I didn't think travel insurance was necessary. As per your airline ticket example, on the contrary. Airline tickets can often be rebooked, albeit with a penalty. The same goes for accommodation bookings.
mpridmore wrote: regardless of the terms & conditions, exceptional circumstances can surely merit departures from them.
mpridmore wrote: if The Great Rides really are a money-making venture, Bicycle Network Victoria should really reconsider their "charity" classification...
mpridmore wrote:I'm at a bit of a loss, because Bicycle Network Victoria's response seems massively unjust...
wagger wrote:Did you pay on a GOLD credit card? Gold credit cards have travel insurance as standard feature
Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 4 guests