06 March · 10:30 - 17:00
Starting from Edinburgh Gardens Rotunda
St Georges Rd
After the success of the inaugural Pimm's and Croquet and 40 Degrees ride, we're going bigger and better. Hopefully the weather will permit some less hardcore frockers to join us this time. Here is the plan:
1. Get up early (for a Sunday) and brunch with a select coterie of your frocked up friends somewhere in the North Fitzroyular region OR go to bed wearing your frock and roll out at 10.20 am and hightail it down to:
2. Meet the... assembled masses of lovely frocked up ladies at the Edinburgh Gardens Rotunda at 10.30 am, then:
3. Cycle in a leisurely manner to the Merri Creek path, continue to Dight's Falls and on down the Yarra path to:
4. Stroll around the market at Abbotsford Convent (http://www.abbotsfordconvent.com.au/wha ... ers-market and http://www.abbotsfordconvent.com.au/wha ... unday-arts) and/or indulge in appropriate cycling refreshment (the only gels permitted are those in gel-ati form) before:
5. At approximately 12.30pm, continue cycling down the Yarra trail into the city, ending at WTC Wharf for a spot of:
6. Melbourne Food and Wine Festival urban picnic http://wtcmelbourne.com.au/whats_on/sea ... icnic.html
Please feel free to come to the whole extravaganza, or treat it as a relay and select the stages which suit you best.
March 8 is International Women's Day (http://www.internationalwomensday.com/), which is particularly significant this year due to it being 100 years since the first International Women's Day was declared to celebrate the economic, political and social achievements of women past, present and future.
Purple, green and white are the official international women's colours, so you are encouraged to frock up accordingly in one or more of these. The introduction of the colour gold representing 'a new dawn' has been commonly used to represent the second wave of feminism, so if you were dying to find an excuse to wear that gold sequinned number in the name of feminism, bring it on. All other blatant or tenuous costuming nods to some sort of women/frock-related theme equally welcome.
Suzie Haslam is planning to film the event, and will have stickers or the like ready to identify anyone who would prefer not to be filmed - just let her know.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Frocks-on ... 86&index=1
Or, alternatively, if you're not into frocks...
The list of frocked
baudman's SWMBO - probably, if she can get a friend or two to come along
baudman's Things1+2 with a chaffeur - maybe, as per above.