DavidB wrote:I have got some cheap accommodation the night before - i.e. Saturday night - but in Myrtleford, so I'll still have an hour's drive to Falls before starting. After reading about 12 hour durations - I may need to extend this to Sunday night as well ... Not sure how many bedrooms it has, but happy to investigate if anyone requires it.
You do know that they are planning on closing the Bogong high plains Road between Mt. Beauty & Falls at 5.30am on the Sunday?. This means you need to be on the ascent before they close, otherwise I'm guessing you're taking a risk that the marshalls at the road blocks might get a bit 'officious' & not let you through. We'd originally planned on staying at Mt. Beauty, but once I heard about the road closure, decided we'd be better off on Falls & not have to worry about it