Well, my LAST ride at Dicky Beach for this year (we have already booked our site for next year).
The weather today was probably the best of the last 4 weeks here, so I will share some of today's photos.
Hopefully this will brighten up your day, if it needs brightening up.
First off, my riding summary at Dicky Beach is: Total distance ridden 780.3km on 23 rides averaging 33.9kms.
Each ride is from Dicky Beach, a northern suburb of Caloundra to Point Cartwright Lighthouse, overlooking the entrance of the Mooloolaba river at Mooloolaba and return.
1. The bridge just north of our camp, gives a great idea of the current weather.
2. The shared path runs alongside Nicklin Way.
3. Followed by riding down Oceanic Drive which has its own bike path on the road.
4. Looking out to sea (Eastward) from the Lighthouse.
5. Looking Southward from the Lighthouse, Dicky Beach is right down there in the mist.
6. Looking to the mouth of Mooloolaba River from the Lighthouse.
7. The surfers off the point below the Lighthouse.
8. A nice set coming in.
9. I watched this dude catch a few waves, while the other surfers tried too.
10. That spray on the left is the Pilot boat heading out to the cargo ship on the right.
11. Our camp at Dicky Beach with my trusted treadley all packed up ready for its next adventures on the Gold Coast.
Tomorrow we head to Broadwater Tourist Park in Southport for 7 weeks, mainly to see our 2 'little' boys, who live on the Gold Coast. I will annoy you sometime next week with more of my adventures. Lucky you.