Good idea Jane.
I have a few goals, will probably add to them throughout the year...
- ATB 100kms with average 30+ (but this depends how my recovery is after the Melbourne Marathon two weeks beforehand)
- GVBR and try to keep up with the guys
- improve my hill climbing ability
- try different types of riding - track, MTB
- couple of Audax rides, mainly to find out what they're all about...
- ride to work when on nights so I can at least do a little bit of exercise!
So, my plans have changed a little bit for this year and then onto next. They now read as:
- Gold Coast Half Ironman in October
- Geelong Half Ironman in Feb 09
- Port Macquarie Ironman April 09
- not sure about ATB 100, but if I do it, will want to do it in sub 3h
- have tried MTBing and has lead to an N+1
- haven't done any Audax rides yet, but might be able to build them into my training when training for Port Mac IM
- and will have to keep training through nights as well as commute to work.
Slightly different, as am no longer doing the Melbourne Marathon and have focussed on tri's a lot more, but it means I can still keep my bike fitness while running and swimming a lot aswell!!