Atom Ant wrote:1. you are riding along and someone will stop right in front with no warning.
2. When people get of their bikes to walk up a hill get off the road and make room for your fellow cyclists so they don’t have to veer into the lane with oncoming traffic.
3. Be aware of others around you communicate with them Eg. stopping, slowing, passing, pothole glass. etc
4. Do not listen to music while riding.
5. Do not be negative.
6. Do meet a new friend
7. Do not steal anyone’s area where they have marked out for their tent.
8. Do wash your hands when you go to the toilet.
9. Do not clean your teeth in the toilet or shower
10. Do not have a 20min shower
11. Do make sure you are prepared for the ride.
12. Make sure you have clothes for all conditions eg hot and cold weather.
13. Make sure you check you tent before packing in your bag make shore it is has all the bits, there are no holes and it doesn’t leak
14. Don’t bring a dish cloth bring paper towel and you can throw it away after cleaning your dishes this means you don’t have a wet cloth in your bag.
15. Do pack light if you bag is over the weight limit you will get a $50
16. Make sure you know general bike maintance like how to fix your flat tyre.
17. Make sure you bike is in good working order before you come on the ride.
18. Make sure you bring sunscreen
19. Make sure you have at least 2 bottles of water or sports drink etc.
20. Make sure you don’t leave the camp too late it is coolest in the morning.
21. Make sure you have a lock for your bike.
22. It's not a stage race - there is no prize for finishing first. Arrive too early and the camp won't be open. Take your time on the ride and enjoy the scenery and your new friends (see 6 above)
bikeman123 wrote:13. Make shore you check you tent before packing in your bag make shore it is has all the bits ,there are no holes and it doesn’t leak.
sparklez wrote:- Ladies - Make sure you pull over a hot boy to help fix your tyre..why strain? LOL works a treat
sparklez wrote:- After riding - drink one alcoholic beverage one water
sparklez wrote:- For premium riding i suggest a jaegar bomb the night before
sparklez wrote:- Remember where your tent is for the late night trip home. Even some with big VB flags attached lose their tents...LOL
sparklez wrote:- showering when getting back to camp ensures more time spent at local bowls/ pubs
sparklez wrote:- Aquim (waterless handwash) is your friend. Bring it use it.
jigger wrote:bikeman123 wrote:13. Make shore you check you tent before packing in your bag make shore it is has all the bits ,there are no holes and it doesn’t leak.
I did this over the weekend. I pitched the tent and checked it out. Have now found it is too small for me (head touches one end and my feet touch the other end). So now have bought a bigger tent ( hopefully fit in this one )
jigger wrote: Red in colour so hopefully easy to find drunk.
sparklez wrote:jigger wrote: Red in colour so hopefully easy to find drunk.
hahahahah nothing is easy to find when drunk...ask heather! Last year she had a HUGE VB flag attached to her tent with a flashing light on it. Went to the toilet in the middle of the night and on the return could not find her tent. She had to return to the toilets cause it was so cold. She eventually found it thouggh
bikeman123 wrote:just have fun and enjoy your self
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest