Well well, we've been a bit dormant over here.
As you'd learn from the Race Reports
, we had a somewhat eventful first year of racing, with the final race at Murray Bridge in particular inflicting some damage. Naturally enough, I took a little bit of time off to go and ride "normal" bikes and get rid of the tension of the year, but eventually I had to return to the trike and do some surgery to get it back in shape for the coming season. So here's a bit of a photo log of what I've been up to.....
Most of the removed paint in these pics is not the actual crash damage; I'd begun sanding the body back in order to assess and patch the dings and cracks.
Some were worse than others. This crack was around the right front wheel pod/cutout:
So I got it all patched up (sorry, didn't take any pics of the glassing, sanding, bogging and more sanding, bogging and sanding stages) and wound up with a reasonably respectable looking body again, seen here in its undies:
A light sand and a couple of top-coats later, it almost
looks new again.
That's just the bottom part; the top survived with only relatively minor scrapes along its lower edge, so that won't need nearly as much work. The chassis survived in great shape with only one small crack around one of the rear body mount plates which was easily welded up. The handlebars that broke at Murray Bridge were repaired, but more importantly, a new, stronger pair were made so they'll be our main ones and the old ones will remain as spares. The fun part will be to make as much of the cabling (including electric wiring for the horn) easily separable from both the chassis and the body to enable us to swap a handlebar as efficiently as possible should we suffer more breaks.
And there you have your update.