Am beginning some routes on Bikely for any WAites who share my passion for climbing, have found a few good climbs, and if you combine a few of them into one day, you can get work in.
Number one, this is a bit like Alp'e d'heuz, cept it's shorter, but lots of switchbacks, oh and not as steep. Well I was doing 35km/hr up it. Zig Zag
While there are a few climbs in the hills around Perth they generally arent that long. Kalamunda Rd and Great Eastern Highway being the exceptions. Unfortunately riding on GEH is a deathwish.
Here are a few of the ones i used to use regularly:
- Crystal Brook Rd - Sharp but not long. connects up with Welshpool Rd.
- Welshpool Rd - Bit longer and not so sharp.
- Red Hill - Never ridden it but a good climb on the road out to toodyay.
- Kalamunda Rd - Good solid climb.
- Patterson Rd - Out the back of Kalamunda. Part of the Tour de Perth.
- Mundaring Weir Rd - Up to Kalamunda. Good climb. not too steep.
- Road from Mundaring Weir to Mundaring - Love this climb!
- Albany Hwy from Pioneer Village - Long and solid.
All of these have nothing on the ning nongs though...