Some things I have found while using the system since the first couple days after it started last year and by running the only Bike Share Tour in the world (it seems) since those early days. (Co name in profile if you're interested
(Sorry if I have repeated anything)
- If coming in via train through Jolimont on weekends and you want to get to Fed Square area, its quicker to use the pod there and ride through Birrarung Mar there. (I dont think you technically need a helmet to ride through there
- If coming in via train through North Melbourne and its a VLine service that can stop for sometimes 20 mins between that station and Southern Cross (we need a new fat controller) its quicker to use the pod there and ride to most CBD locations. (Those who use VLine will know what I mean)
- Maybe it could apply to Richmond station as well.
- Take an empty laptop bag with you when going to a conference etc and using bike share to get there - hides the helmet away and you look like a 'normal' business person. (When suited up it gets some looks getting it out then riding away)
- Take a light bike lock cable with you so you can lock up your helmet to some random pole etc so you dont have to lug it around when going to city meetings.
- Get a $5 helmet and leave it in the office for use at anytime. (Most prolly already do that but some noobs wont yet)
- The quickest way to get to Southern Cross after footy finishes at the MCG is to use the MCG pod. (See locking helmet to a pole as above)
- Leave the yellow Cadel bike alone - its mine! Only Mine!