Bicycle Network: Entry details (4296)
Riders under 12 years old are free but must be registered to participate in the event.
**For the 250km, 210km, 160km and 135km ride options – the Rider must be aged 15 years or older on the day of the Ride.
*For the 100km Ride option – the Rider must be aged 12 years or older on the day of the Ride.
If the Rider is under the age of 15 years old on the day of the Ride, the Rider must be accompanied on the ride by a registered Rider over 18 years old (”Team Leader”) as nominated at the time of registration for the 50km and 100km ride. The Supervising Rider must provide a contact phone number.
Riders under the age of 12 are not eligible for an early bird jersey.
What's included in the ticket price?
- Full route, medical and mechanical support in case you get a flat
- A snack for 20km/50km riders at Alexandra Gardens or lunch for the 100km riders
- A free jersey if you enter before the early bird deadline on 6 July - (Please note: jersey is not available to children taking advantage of the free ticket option)
- A medal for anyone who crosses the finish line
- An unforgettable day out, getting active and creating lifelong memories with your family
What's new in 2016?
This year, we've made a number of improvements to Around the Bay to ensure that you and your family have an unforgettable and stress-free ride.
- For the very first time in its 24 year history, the 20km ride option will take place on a full route of closed roads - we're removing the traffic so that all you have to worry about is pedalling!
- Improved start line and passage way through the city - to reduce congestion and stress at the start of the ride
- More on-route support and mechanics to get you and your family across the finish line
- Loads more entertainment and activities for the whole family to enjoy at Alexandra Gardens - the fun doesn't stop when you cross the finish line at the Around the Bay festival.