Bicycle Network: Ride2Work Program
Did you make a new year's resolution? In February, we set people a challenge to jump back into the saddle!
Ride2Work4Feb was all about setting yourself a challenge for February. We had over 2,200 commit to taking their riding to work the next level as follows:
- 981 said they would ride their bike to work more often - generally upping it by a day or more per week
- 347 new commuters said they would try riding to work again for a second time
- 263 worked on encouraging your friends, family or workmates to try it, or perhaps giving them a hand
- 122 tackled getting more involved at making their workplace more cycling friendly and,
- 546 investigated different routes
Over a hundred participants also choose something unique to them. When followed up in early March, these were the results.
From this, you can see that over 64% of respondents either met, or did better than the challenge they set themselves. 28.5% made inroads, but didn't quite set their benchmark and 7.4% were keen, but February was not their month.
Well done one and all - you've had an impact in getting more people riding to work more often!