Bicycle Network: Regular commuter
Why register for the Ride2Work program?
You ride to work every day, so why is registering for Ride2Work Day so important?
- Make your regular commute count! Every registered ride for Ride2Work Day helps build the case for the bike facilities across the country. Better facilities will not only make your ride more enjoyable but also encourage many more to start riding.
- Around 85% of Ride2Work registrations are regular commuters.
- Total registrations is a key indciator that is used to determine the success of the program. The more registrations the greater is our ability is to receive funding and encourage more people to realise the benefits of riding to work.
- The majority of riders state that 'being a part of something big that encourages people to use bicycles as transport' is one of the things they like most about the program. Your registration is one of the many that makes it 'big'.
- People who have yet to ride to work, or yet to make it a regular habit, are often motivated by people they know, or the weight of numbers to show that it appears 'normal'. You registration will help motivate new people to give riding to work a try.
- We're better able to connect you with the broader riding community!
Every registration is a vote for better bike facilities
But I don't ride to work, I ride to...[insert your location here].
The Ride2Work program is a behaviour-change initiative, aimed at increasing the number of transport cyclists within Australia. We choose to target 'work', as opposed to 'ride to the library' or '...the local shops' etc only because riding to work is an easily indenfiable concept, as well as for most of our target market, it is a regular, often daily event. This means, people may be able to work it into their 'habit'. Many workplaces also throw their full support behind it, so they provide a proven method of supporting people taking up regular transport cycling.
We have many students, retirees, people who work from home and others who register - all to support the concept of using bicycles for transport. We hope you do too.