Bicycle Network: Your workplace
RACV Bike Buddies
- Email me updates
- Elysia Delaine
If you're an experienced rider you might remember the people who gave you a hand and encouraged you when you first began riding to work. Now it can be your turn to help a new rider start their journey.
Share your ride to work with someone new
Want to meet new people?
Help others on their journey into work?
Then sign up to become a RACV Bike Buddy
If you live in Victoria help new riders get to know their route to work by mentoring them as a RACV Bike Buddy on Ride to Work Day 13 October 2010. You can assist them in planning their route to work and provide encouragement and support on the ride.
RACV Bike Buddies register and are matched to a new rider who shares their commute. RACV Bike Buddies meet new riders and share their commute together.
If you don’t live in Victoria you can still become a Bike Buddy. Start up your own informal group in your workplace or amongst friends. All you need to do is offer to share your ride to work with them and provide support and encouragement along the way.
Tips for RACV Bike Buddies
- Call the New Rider a few days before your commute together to arrange a meeting point.
- Make sure you exchange mobile numbers so you can easily find one another on the morning of your ride
- Be patient with the new rider
- Get to know their skill level and ride to that rather than your own
- Provide them with useful tips and advice as you ride together
- Ask them questions so you know where they may need extra support or assistance
The Bike Buddy program is proudly supported by RACV Bike Assist.