Bicycle Network: About R2S
Ride2School Program Benefits
We help children build the skills, know-how and confidence to ride, walk and scoot to school, and beyond.
Ride2School has the experience and advice needed to assist children to become more active and healthy in and out of school.
Obvious benefits are:
- it’s good for children's health and fitness, assisting in the fight against obesity and type-two diabetes among youth
- promoting walking, riding, skating and scooting assists in reducing traffic congestion around schools
- it’s good for the environment
- it's a great way to engage school communities
Beyond this, participation in the Ride2School Program gives schools:
- exclusive access to the HandsUp! survey system to monitor how students travel to school, track progress and win some great prizes
- access to years of knowledge & proven techniques to help overcome issues that school communities face
- expert assistance and guidance from the Ride2School team
- assistance at your school from one of our local volunteers
- communication and information updates (including e-newsletter Behind the Bike Shed)
- a toolbox of resources and ideas that join all the dots for your school
Be part of a program that reaches over 2,000 schools and over 700,000 students nationally - and improve the health and learning outcomes of students at your school.